7.31.2010

jump shot: take 1

I try to make weekends a blog-free zone, but I just couldn't help myself. Keep in mind, this is take 1. I had about a minute to get this shot last night and it's not perfect. I didn't have a chance to fiddle with my settings, so it's a bit of a semi-silhouette.

Photobucket


I could make the silhouette a bit darker, but I couldn't decide if it looked like a jump shot or like he had a broken leg. It's hard to see what position his body is in, but this kid is so stinkin' cool I can't stand it. I wish I was this cool when I was eight, don't you?

Photobucket


Collin is off to church camp with his dad until next week, so hopefully I'll get to try again when he gets home. I need to shoot from a different angle so his head doesn't blend in with the backboard when I do a silhouette. But I thought it was pretty fun, so I wanted to share.

Hope you're having a great weekend! :-)

15 comments:

Mama Hen said...

Oh my goodness Karli! Wow! This is stunning! Magnificent! Super! Gorgeous! You are so talented! I love these pictures! I am starting my network next week. Did I tell you about that yet? Well, I would like to feature you in the beginning while I start it and then of course I will feature you when it gets going! Let me know if you would like to join my friend! I am trying to set up my features! Have a great night!

Mama Hen

Natalie said...

Very cool! I like the first one best because you can see more of your son. This looks like he is in the sky!

Katie said...

AWESOME shot! Now that's some air! ...and yeah, I see how it would look very weird as a silhouette.

by the way...I totally stole your colored pencil idea...they were so pretty, I wanted some of my own! I think I'll get mine posted sometime next week.

Anonymous said...

jealous!!! that is awesome

Mama Hen said...

Hey Karli, I have to get to sleep, but I will e-mail you tomorrow! We have my daughter's birthday party with her friends tomorrow, so I will be on my computer at night. I will e-mail you then. Have a super day with your family! :)

Mama Hen

Discovery School at First Baptist Heath said...

Karli! Once again I have to ask.. and why are you not a pro???We need to meet for coffee sometime and chat...

Anna K. said...

I wish I was that cool *now*. ;)

Crazy cool shot, Karli!

Ashley Sisk said...

I love these - and you know that one of the items on the scavenger hunt list is silhouette or shadow. :)

Sarah Andrews said...

Gosh - look at the clouds! I've tried sillouttes and it does not work for me! I bow down to your skills!

P.S. I posted some pics on my blog! hee hee! Called you out lady!

Merisi said...

Fantastic shot,
I wouldn't change a thing,
it's perfect!

Brooke said...

I LOOOOOOVE THIS! I like that it is a silhouette :D

The Mommy said...

Wow! Did you lay down on the ground fro this one?
Amazing shot:)

Unknown said...

Wow, Karli! That's so cool!!

Unknown said...

These are wonderful!

Unknown said...

Just found your photo site, LOVE what you're doing. Your photo are amazing.