10.26.2010

day 301: blog closed

Photobucket


I feel wonderful for being 100% available to my kids today, so I decided to leave the computer off tomorrow too. Everyone is home for fall break, and I need to be present and enjoy these precious kiddos! The boys and I played card games this morning, I had some piggy bank time with the baby, I re-organized the entire pantry, I did my daily 4 million loads of laundry, a neighbor came over to play, we went grocery shopping, Drew got a haircut, and when we got home I made a giant pot of Pasta e Fagioli soup. What an awesome day! I have one hour on the computer while the boys are at karate this evening, and I want to be off by the time they get home. I got a request for zucchini bread, so I'm ready to put on my mom apron and get started.

Being off the computer all day (and only having an hour now), means I haven't done any blog visiting or commenting - I apologize! Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my latest night picture. Although I had my computer off, I did read the comments as they came through on my Droid. I was so happy with each bing and bong of my phone! :-) Hope everyone had a great day!

12 comments:

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

It's really nice sometimes to just shut technology out and enjoy our lives!! I'm glad you had such a great day!

cooperl788 said...

Sounds like a great day! Hope tomorrow is just as wonderful - the blog and all of your readers will still be there when you get back. Enjoy this precious time with your kids!

SarahinSC said...

Enjoy your time away from your computer. I need to do that more often too. They're only young once is certainly a truism that I tend to take for granted. :)

Ashley Sisk said...

Sounds like you're enjoying LIFE. I'd take this photo and turn it into a button...use it often! In fact, I might steal the idea (different photo) and use it myself sometime. Catch ya later.

Karen said...

I am so glad to hear of all the fun things you enjoyed with your family today! A "little putting things in perspective" does us all a world of good. I am sure they enjoyed the day too!

Unknown said...

I am soo doing this next week I have decided. well for one reason I am officially starting to Potty train my monster. I took a week of from both works and scheduled no photo sessions during this week. I am locked down so I might as well turn my computer off too... wish me luck.
PS I went out today and tried some night shots (you inspired me) and I think one might have turned out okay. we will see, I haven't uploaded it yet because I am scared to see what it looks not in the camera. ugh....
but thanks Karli for being so wonderful and inspiring. you have made me better in photography and in well... life.

thanks ;)

elizabeth said...

enjoy your day "off" - sometimes those are just what we need to get grounded again.
Hope you have a great day with the kiddos

Ashley said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day! As much as I love my little kiddos, I look forward to the days when they are bigger and we can do things together like play cards. :) Happy baking!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day. Enjoy your time with them.

Unknown said...

Yay for "mommy" days!! Mmmmm... zucchini bread sounds awesome. :)

I like your pic - I agree with Ashley. Would make a great button! :)

Lindsey Clair said...

Sounds like you had a very productive yet amazing time with your kids, etc. What a blessing :)

Blog
http://www.peacefulislandmother.yolasite.com

Anna said...

Well, aren't you superwoman--what a great productive day! ..and I LOVE the schoolhouse piece, lovely!! enjoy the rest of Fall break! :)