The good news: I'm two days early with my 10 on Tuesday. This must be what it feels like to be organized. Wow. I likey.
So without further adieu, some happenings from our week:
1. We've been having some beautiful sunrises lately.
Which reminds me... lately I've had a thing for powerlines.
2. An e-friend just taught me the "mouse-over" trick. Hover (but don't click) your mouse over the picture above to see the SOOC. This isn't really a snow texture, although that's what I was going for. Do you know of any good textures that look like snowfall? I'd love to get my hands on one.
I have no idea.
4. Before our little squirt-fest, we had a bit of reading time. (The next few pictures are all kinds of edited because I forgot to change my settings from when I was out shooting a landscape. Boosting the contrast and saturation isn't always the best idea for pictures of an already pink baby. I tried to match the skin tones to the pictures above, though I'm not sure I succeeded. But I digress.
Short of standing on my head, Livia would not look up. So I got out a lemon.
Perhaps not my brightest move. The girl loves lemons.
I didn't try to fix the color on these two pictures below. Check out the change in the color of her face as I
Clearly untraumatized, she gives me a second to change the settings on my camera. (Seriously, don't boost the saturation when your baby has chaffed cheeks).
We're all busy, aren't we? I'll spare you the story of the orange.
I'm getting the feeling that our little photo-taking extravaganza is coming to an end.
Three kids later and I'm a master of non-verbal communication. Yep, we're totally done.
5. Our alarm clock is set for 6:40, but we hit the snooze button until 7:15 every morning. We enjoy the added level of difficulty in getting 5 people ready in 45 minutes. What's that? You're wondering if we're one of those families that lays clothes out and packs lunches the night before? Oh, you silly, silly friends.
6. I'm really loving the sounds of Dora the Explorer around my house in the mornings. Did you know I used to be semi-fluent in Spanish? I used to do interviews in Spanish and hire people to work at Kawasaki Motors. Now there's Random Fact #743 about me.
7. Remember how I said I love siblings? I just heard my baby say "DUH!" which reminds me that yesterday I heard her say "bummer."
8. With the boys in school all day, they're not getting a lot of blog time (says Grandma). I ran across some pictures of Drew that I never posted. They were deemed not blog-worthy (we were having smiling issues). Maybe Grandma won't mind.
9. You know you love photography when you find yourself buying fruit just so you can photograph it. (You so know you've done this too).
Edit: I can't stand these next two shots and was going to re-shoot them tomorrow. But since it's bugging me that my rough draft is roaming around the internet, I now present you with two blah raspberry shots. You're welcome.
10. If this shot had turned out, I would have used it for one of my Project 365 pictures and titled it "why my kids don't ride the bus" or something equally cheesy. Even though it was a gigantic flop, I'm posting it anyway because Collin was so sweet to stand with me on the street corner in the cold. He said he would protect me if anyone tried to hassle me. I like him.
In even more exciting news, check out our new Trader Joe's in the background!! I have no idea what one might find in Trader Joe's, but I'm super excited we have one!
So there you have it. A few of the happenings around the Bonnie household for the week. Hope you're having a good one too! ♥