I've been debating all morning whether or not to even post this, because I'm not sure my weekly ramblings can stand on their own without pictures. But my camera has been sent off for repair, so this is all I have for the week.
1. Yesterday was the first day of summer vacation, and I slept in until 8:52am. (You're hating me, right?) I've trained my kids well. They know that rested mom = happy mom. :-)
2. I have a bone to pick with whoever came up with the phrase "it's just like riding a bike." Unbelievably bad information, since every Spring I have to re-learn how to ride my bike. (In my defense, I've never claimed to be coordinated, and I'm 5' 9 (and a half)" and 128 pounds...so pretty much just visualize a long gangly giraffe trying to pedal a bike. I will admit however, to providing my neighbors hours of comedic relief.
3. It seems Livia has recovered nicely from her fear of the "purple monster over dare on the carpet gonna get you mama"...and she's now able to play alone with her toys in the TV room. For a month we were attached at the hip. This now allows ample time for me and my cleaning supplies to get reaquainted.
4. Want to play a fun guessing game? OK, here's the first clue. Livia's middle name begins with "S" and ends with an "L"...but the L is silent. It's French. Any guesses?
5. Random request and purchase of the week: a dry erase board (for Drew). Random request and purchase for Collin? A cactus.
6. Conversation of the week:
Drew (the Kindergarter): "Did you know that 90x90 is eighty-one hundred?"
Me: "What?! How did you know that?"
Drew: I just figured it out in my bed.
7. Want to hear my latest and greatest? So we've lived in our house for what, seven years now? In our master bathroom we have one of those oversized corner whirlpool tubs. I've only used the tub an handful of times... (like when do I have time for a whirlpool bath?) specifically while I was pregnant and so miserable that jets of water spewing into my back sounded more irritating than pleasant. The point: I've never used the jets. A few nights ago, Livia and I decided to have 'beach night' so I threw her in the whirlpool tub.
Fact: You have to have water covering those little blow hole things or your 2 year old will come sailing out of the tub on a tidal wave that rivals the one in the movie Deep Impact.
8. In the other room I hear Livia singing:
"Ring around the Rosey"
"Pocket full of Posey"
"Fall down the car-pet and hurt the yeg." (leg)
9. an·noy·ing (adjective): when your husband finds the time to draw a rather detailed sketch in the dust on your armoire, but doesn't have the time to actually clean it.
10. OK, I have to retract #9. My husband is A-MAZING around the house and deserves a shout-out. Seriously...the best! Awesome at cleaning, wonderful at taking care of the kids, he'll run any errand for me at any time day or night, he cooks on the weekends, and he fixes me a snack in bed every single night. I know I've written this before, but it's still true: I'm usually in bed before he is, so I'll use the phone in our bedroom and call him downstairs on his cell phone in the kitchen. He'll answer "Doron's kitchen?" and I'll place my order. Awesome I tell ya!
Anyone still here?
My kids like to read about our "happenings" for the week, so I thought I'd do a little post for them, even though my camera is gone. If I find my house TP'd and egg'd tonight, I will take that as a sign that my photoless post was a thumbs down.
EDIT: I just got 2 emails from sweet friends saying my comments aren't working. Hmmmm....does anyone know how to fix that, or is it just a temporary Blogger issue? If you have any ideas, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
EDIT #2: I think it's fixed! (Thank you so much Skye)! If you're having a similar problem...check out the link I posted in my comment section. It fixed the issue I was having. :-)
Happy Tuesday everyone! ♥♥