Now on to the grievances at hand. On Wednesday, I dropped the kids off at Doron's office as he was getting off work, and took a little road trip (by myself) to our state fair. Before I delve into how things started to go array, first a quick iPhone snap.
No clue why that looks purple. Anyway, on to the 5 reasons why I'm a bit miffed with the state fair.
1. wasn't there 5 minutes before I stepped smack in the middle of a horse patty.
2. didn't realize it was going to be nine bazillion degrees at the fair, and actually sweated a little bit. There was moisture, (visible MOISTURE, people!!) on my shirt.
3. bought a microscopic Diet Coke for three dollars that tasted like some kind of cleaner.
4. took 2 tiny sips of the drink before chucking it into the trash. OK, FINE...10 tiny sips. You and I both know I'm too cheap to throw a drink away that easliy.
5. got HECKLED while taking pictures. OK, so I was only heckled by the dunking tank guy, and the age guesser guy...but STILL.
6. just realized there are a lot more than five reasons, so let's keep moving along.
7. almost sat in an unidentified body fluid on a metal bench.
8. didn't use the restroom for seven hours.
9. didn't eat for seven hours after seeing a sign for "beef sundaes."
10. probably looked like a complete moron chasing after the shuttle that was supposed to return me safely to my parking lot. It kept making all these little stops ahead of me, but the horse-patty-dodging slowed me down.
11. realized that I am not smart enough to follow directions backwards. (ie: Map Questing the directions to the state fair, but not being able to find my way home).
And now, just a few shots of my favorite attraction! :-)
(processed with Florabella's Gypsy action)
(processed with Florabella's Hibiscus action and Vintage Film by Fallout 75)
(processed with Florabella's Vintage Spring action, one of my orginal actions called Karli's Vintage (such a creative name, I know), a warming filter, another of my orginal actions called Warm Me Up, a navy blue fill layer with the exclusion blending mode, and a couple other small tweaks)
OK, I really need to start packing so I'll share more state fair photos next week. Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend, and I'll catch up with you when we get back! :-)