3.28.2010

thanks a lot, spring break

Last week my 2nd grader was on Spring break. Rainy, windy and 39 degrees doesn't really scream "park weather" to me, so we were inside. All week. The sun briefly peeked out once or twice, but it was too cold to play outside.

So we made brownies.

One of my boys wants to be a chef. The other one (although he claims otherwise, always trying to please) in reality doesn't give two hoots about cooking.
Photobucket

Can you guess who is more interested?
Photobucket

Any guesses?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Does this visual help?
Photobucket

Oh, can't tell by just the pants? Let's include child #2 for a reference.
Photobucket

Perhaps I've confused you. My preschooler loves to help in the kitchen. I kept losing my 2nd grader to handstand performing and lego building. He'd check in with us every once in a while.
Photobucket

Wow, he's actually stirring something.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Clearly that was enough stirring for Collin. There he goes again...
Photobucket

Collin came back for the cream cheese part.
Photobucket

And this is where the swordfight broke out, so we had to call it a day.
Photobucket

It's supposed to reach 79 one day this week, so I'm crossing my fingers! Have a great one! :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

And yet....once again.....I am having de ja vu (sp?) reading your post. Sword fights with spatulas? Been there, done that!! The pics of Colin doing handstands are hilarious and also quite impressive. :)

Unknown said...

Looks like a good time was had by all. Wish I was there to join in on the fun. All of a sudden I am craving chocolate.

Aleasing said...

Karli, these pictures are beyond fantastic!!!
You commentary is sooo totally Collin and Drew:))