5.24.2010

creativity has struck

I got this super cute idea from one of my favorite blogs, so I jumped in with both feet. It's a little spin on a fabric bulletin board, but for hair bows. Nevermind the fact that I don't have one creative bone in my body. Nevermind the fact that when I went into the fabric store, I broke out into a cold sweat and started to panic. (Yes, I really did. Doron even got two phone calls to prove it). Nevermind the fact that I have never seen so many ugly fabrics in my life and didn't know which to choose. Nevermind the fact that when the lady told me the store was closing in 5 minutes I got all flustered, and grabbed anything, ANYTHING pink! Nevermind the fact that it really doesn't match Livia's room in the least.

Nevermind is actually two words, isn't it?

So I might end up changing the fabric, but for now it looks like this:
Photobucket


C'mon, that's cute, right? :-)

I've seen so many cute little crafts that I'd love to try, but needles and thread aren't really my thing. So when I found this idea and discovered you get to use a staple gun, I rushed right out to buy my supplies. Which, if you are wondering, I've listed below:

- an artists' canvas (mine was 12x18)
- a piece of fabric, 2-3 inches longer on all sides than the canvas
- a piece of batting, felt, fleece, etc. to use as a padding; same size as the fabric
- a staple gun
- ribbon

This is pretty self-explanatory, right? Wrap the fabric and batting around the canvas and staple it into place. Then add ribbons in a criss-cross design, and VOILA! I finished mine in less than an hour. (OK, Doron helped, but I'm not supposed to mention that. Nor am I supposed to mention the fact that he thoroughly enjoyed himself and smiled from ear to ear the entire time).

Be careful, or creativity might strike you too!

Happy Monday! :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is SO CUTE!!

I'm totally going to have to do something like that. :D Beats a container in a drawer.

Tracy said...

very nice karli! :) I disagree, I believe you are creative, your creativity just shows up in other ways...this activity just stretches you a bit...and that's good! :) It looks great. :)

Unknown said...

You are quite the artist. Beatiful!