6.03.2010

all i wanted

It was the last day of school.
All I wanted was a nice, celebratory trip to the ice cream shop with my family.
We would sit at a little metal table outside under a colorful awning.
I would snap pictures of my children enjoying their ice cream, while capturing their beautiful, sparkling eyes.
The sun was going down in the perfect spot and it would be lovely.

(Insert sound of a record scratching).

Here's the way it actually happened.
Photobucket


Two minutes and $13.25 later...
Photobucket


Here's Livia on a stroll with daddy. Look how tiny she is!
Photobucket


Poor sis took a tumble and what do I see in the backgroud? Seriously guys??!!!
Photobucket


Photobucket


Someone was elated that the school year was over, but I can't quite remember who.
Photobucket


I love the Portrait Innovations sign in the background. I wonder if they have a shutter speed fast enough to stop motion.
Portrait Innovate THIS!
Photobucket


Judging from the picture above, I didn't see this coming.
Photobucket


I guess that's just some good old-fashioned karma for you.
Photobucket


Drew is actually my most photogenic child. Yes, really. You wouldn't know it from these pictures.
Photobucket


So I didn't get the pictures I had invisioned, but we had a great evening.
Photobucket


Let summer vacation begin!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Let the summer fun begin.

Unknown said...

When things dont go as plan makes it more fun well... most of the time! you guys look like you had a blast anyway. and I LOVE LOVE the picture of DREW it sooo adorable.

Anna said...

YAY for summer! ..this posting makes me laugh. And WOW that close-up of Drew is perfect! Loved all the fun shots and your little description of all the spunk that happens with your cute kids. :)

Unknown said...

Looks like it was a fun night!! :D I think sometimes the 'real' pictures are the best.

That close-up of Drew is amazing!

Yay for summer break! :D

Mama Hen said...

What an adorable family! These pictures are wonderful! We are excited about all the fun things to do in summer also. we went to the lake for the first time today and had so much fun! Have a great weekend!

Mama Hen