6.10.2010

touch-up tuesday: you play too!!

Happy Thursday! :-) I just got a great idea (and a little nudge) from an e-friend to invite everyone to participate in my touch-up Tuesdays. Fun, right? On Tuesdays, I post a SOOC (straight out of the camera) shot and then the touched-up version. Easy peasy!

I wrote back to my e-friend to see if anyone else currently hosted something like this (I didn't want to copy someone else's idea), but while waiting for her to write back...like the impulsive individual I am...I visited Mr. Linky's site and got all set up! OK, so if anyone has beat me to the idea, then consider this null and void. :-)

But for now, I'm inviting everyone to join!

I'm still working out the details, and I'll post a little run-down of the "rules," (I don't like the word "rules" - sorry!), but for now, here's the general idea:

1. Choose only one picture (a recent photo you have taken)
2. Post your SOOC shot
3. Touch up your picture in the program of your choice (you can share one or several touch-ups)
And that's it!
Optional: you can tell us what program you used for processing, and if you'd like to list your steps, that would be fun too! Sometimes I list my steps, and sometimes I don't, so that's up to you. But I think it would be interesting to see how each person processess differently. Dont'cha think?

I'm getting excited, and I'd love everyone to join in the fun! It doesn't matter if you are a professional, an amateur...don't be intimidated to share! That's not what it's about. It's just about having fun and learning from each other.

Here's a prototype of the touch-up tuesday button:
Photobucket

Yes, I'll do a better one, but right now my boys are waiting (im)patiently for me to join them for our nightly card game. :-)

5 comments:

Mama Hen said...

You know Karli, I have to say that whenever I visit your blog, the beautiful pictures in the header make me smile! Have a great night!

Mama Hen

Sarah Andrews said...

Hee hee - you are too much!!! I'll play along!

Sarah Andrews said...

P.S. I'm really excited about your same shot -two camera project....HINT HINT!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Yay!

Sounds like fun! I might just play along. :)

Sarah Andrews said...

5 am your time - 6 am my time (toronto). My girl's on a sleep strike. Hope this stage passes soooon!