1. In elementary school we'd take safety pins, put colored beads on them, and pin them to our shoe laces. Anyone remember that one?
2. 7th grade - tie dye t-shirts.
3. Swatch watches. The more you had up your arm, the cooler you were. I only had two. But I did have a lovely assortment of Swatch guards. HA!
4. Friendship bracelets; the kind where you'd use different colored strings and tie knots in them over and over until you have a bracelet.
5. Tretorn tennis shoes. Mine had the grey swoosh.
6. Wearing two different colored socks on each foot, with the underneath sock showing a little.
7. Tapering your jeans. This is not the same as "skinny jeans." This is circa the '80s, where you'd fold the bottom of your jeans over and roll it up to make a tight, skinny cuff. This goes nicely with #6.
And so it begins for my boys. Collin is in 3rd grade, and Drew is in Kindergarten. Here's their first fad:
Does anyone know what these little bracelets are called? All I know is they are a must on the playground.
Three cheers for peer pressure! ;-)