Moms with older boys, you know what's going on here, right?
Don't judge me for my maroon curtains. Seven years ago when we moved into our new home, I had an affinity for maroon. Not long after my decorating frenzy, we had the "it's not you, it's me" talk. I am pleased to report, however, that the maroon accent wall and I parted ways two years ago.
2. I finally got my first pedicure in over 10 years. Because of my
3. Have you ever had one of these mornings?
My Kindergartner just waltzed by and informed me that black and white is not cool. For Drew:
4. I've decided that I'm going to teach myself to play the guitar.
5. Mother Nature was mocking me as I drove by this little mom & pop ice cream store that's closed for the winter. Well, guess what? I have the last laugh because I'm still wearing flip flops in 30 degree weather - so there!
6. The height gap is closing between my boys.
There were mixed reactions to the news.
7. I was going to surprise you with the birthday gift I received from Doron. Turns out, it was the Terrible, Horrible, No-good, Very Bad Lens. (And I'm not being mean...I picked it out myself). I'd been wanting a macro lens forever, so Doron got me the Canon 100mm f/2.8. Turns out, if you have the steadiness of a 90 year old (me), you'd better opt for the L series lens with image stabilization. I tried the lens for two days and didn't get ONE picture in focus. No kidding. (I'm not knocking this lens, by the way. I've seen some gorgeous photos with it; that's what made me want it in the first place. I guess I just don't have the steadiness it takes to use it without a tripod). I'm now learning patience as I wait for the new lens to arrive.
Here are two pictures that I took with the lens (obviously they're not macro shots; all the macros I took were blurry). And these didn't make the Project 365 cut because I don't think they're impressively in focus. But somehow I just couldn't delete them.
8. If you have a weak stomach, skip to #10. (Dad).
9. This morning I come into the bathroom in time to hear my husband calling out "Show's over!" I see all three kids huddled around his sink...Collin has a horrified look on his face, and Drew & Livia are laughing hysterically. I'm just going to say "nose irrigation system" and leave it at that.
Edit: Doron said this is not how he wanted to make the list, but he is happy to be on the list nonetheless.
10. Have I mentioned that Livia has the fine motor skills of a racoon? She can untwist, untie, open, shred, unbutton, unzip, unravel, etc...with great precision. It's quite impressive.
You know what's fun about blogs?
You can spin your story any way you want.
(Photographer's tip: taking your baby's candy away and waving it next to your lens might get your baby to look, but be prepared to deal with the consequences).
Let's go back to happy.