1. I love when Doron is home over the holidays. He can work from home anytime, but let's face it... it can be a regular 3-ring circus around here, so he usually goes into the office. On mornings he doesn't make a coffee run, I like to begin my days like this:
OK, I'm totally lying. I hate marshmallows in my hot chocolate, but I was in love with Mandy's picture of hot chocolate with marshmallows so I had to copy her.
2. If only I had thought to create plastic tube-like "beans" with weird faces on them.
And thus the creator of Mighty Beans is a millionaire and I'm not.
(Did we seriously shell out over $100 on bean paraphanelia)?
3. Remember how we've discussed "containment?" And how most of the pictures of the Tiny Tornado involve her being buckled/stuffed in/tied to something? I now present a new restraining device....drum roll please...an L.L. Bean sled! Score!
This picture was taken at my parents' house. Since I was practically curled up in the fetal position due to stomach issues, this is pretty much all I got. 1/3 of my kids looking at me and smiling - cool!
On a more positive note, my battle with lighting at my parents' house is over! This year I used my Speedlite and WON! So there, 9,000 foot ceilings! Bwah ha ha ha!
Please ignore how the sled is aimed directly at the camera - good grief! (I'm calling 'seering stomach pain' as my excuse for this curious angle).
4. Unless you are an immediate family member and have access to our family albums, you will not be able to see any gift-opening pictures from our house Christmas morning. (Tree issues). I have 12 months to transform my current tree decor from Hallmark to Pottery Barn. Stay tuned.
5. My one year blogiversary is coming up in February, and I can't believe the number of amazing e-friends I made in 2010! One of my very very faves sent me this Christmas card. Anyone recognize this cutie?
Yep, the only cat that stands a chance at making me like cats...Kitty Paw!
6. Did you see these cute Coke bottles this year? Love!! Mine has sat on my desk for three weeks and I finally remembered to snap a picture today. Yes Doron, you can drink it now.
7. The dollhouse was a huge hit with
8. Sometimes the brothers play too.
9. Every Christmas Eve Eve, we make cookies to leave out for Santa. Here's the Tiny Tornado eyeing her cookie warily.
The caption: "You're CRAZY if you think I'm touching that thing!"
Say what you will about the Tornado, but she's a bit of a neat freak. We've discussed how she eats toast with a fork...also sandwiches, grapes, you name it. Does the bottom right picture say it all?
After chasing her cookie around the high chair for 10 minutes, she finally plucked off one tiny sprinkle and ate it. But she wanted that finger washed off pronto.
It's driving me crazy that I didn't have time to edit these pictures of Livia (just a slight curves adjustment).
Maybe just a black & white for the road.
10. Last, but not least...the yearly picture of the kids with Santa. Not sure what's up with the bags under Livia's eyes. Looks like she missed her nap that day and then swiped my grande caramel frappuccino.
Cute, sure. But not nearly as entertaining as last Spring when Livia got into a tussle with the Easter Bunny. Oh yes indeedy she did. I guarantee that Bunny will never work the Westfield Mall again.
So that's a wrap-up of our Christmas. How was yours? Hope you're having a great holiday with family! :-)
I'm so so so behind on blog commenting...I apologize! I'll try to stop by soon and say hi. ♥
Have a great rest of the week!